1. ISSLS Prize (International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine) for Best Spine research in clinical sciences - Portugal, 2004.
2. International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) Macnab La Rocca Fellowship Award-2005.
3. ISSLS Sofamor Danek Best Paper Award - Bergen, Norway, June 2006
4. International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS) International travelling fellowship 2010.
5. “Euro Spine Open Paper Award-2008” by European Spine society.
6. Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) International Educational Scholarship -2007.
7. “Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award” (2006) by Singapore Orthopaedic Association.
8. Scoliosis Research Society International travelling fellowship, 2014.
9. Young Investigator Award, Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) 2014,2016.
10. Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) - Best Spine Research Award –2006, 2005, 2004, 2003.
11. Indian Orthopaedic Association SP Mandal Gold medal for Innovative Orthopaedics - 2010.
12. “Silver Jubilee Research Award-2008” by Indian Orthopedic Association
13. “AA Mehta Gold Medal” by Indian Orthopaedic Association 2007.
14. “VT Ingalhalikar Gold Medal 2010” for best paper presentation by Association of Spine Surgeons of India.
15. Prof. Vyagreswarudu Gold Medal by Orthopaedic Society of AP (OSSAP), 2015.
16. Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) International Educational Scholarship -2006, Monterey, California, USA.
One year long fellowship at Spine division of Department of Orthopedics, National University Hospital, Singapore under Professor Wong Hee Kit, a world-renowned spine surgeon and a member of International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine (ISSLS), North American Spine Society (NASS), and the Scoliosis Research Society (SRS) and Chairman of the Spine Section of the Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association, and a Board Member of the Pacific Asian Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery was a very beneficial experience in terms of sheer quality and quantity. Through this fellowship, he was exposed to the management of entire range of spinal disorders as well as most advanced spinal surgeries like cervical and lumbar artificial disc replacements, thoracoscopic spinal instrumentation for scoliosis correction, complex occipito-cervical reconstructions, tumor resections and reconstructions. The research work done during this period on thoracoscopic scoliosis corrections won the Young Orthopedic Investigator Award by Singapore Orthopaedic Association.
Macnab La Rocca Fellowship at Rush Presbyterian St.Lukes Medical Center, Chicago Illinois under the guidance of Prof. Raghu Natrajan and Prof. Gunnar Anderson was an excellent experience working with the world leaders in spine surgery. Along with the huge clinical exposure, this fellowship also gave an excellent opportunity to do basic science research with finite element models. This fellowship was funded by the International Society for Study on Lumbar Spine, Canada and Ganga Hospital Coimbatore.
National Board of Examinations accredited Fellowship in Spine Surgery for a period of 2 years at Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore; This prestigious Fellowship is the only one that has been accredited by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi. Working under Dr. S. Rajasekaran, a world-renowned spine surgeon and a member of the prestigious International Society for the Study of Lumbar Spine, was a very beneficial experience in terms of sheer quality and quantity. Through this Fellowship, he was exposed to the management of entire range of spinal disorders ranging from disc prolapse to cervical myelopathy, spinal tumours, spinal tuberculosis, spinal deformities and craniovertebral junction anomalies as well as the recent advances like computer aided spinal navigation surgery. By successfully completing this fellowship in 2005, he became the first National Board accredited Spine Fellow of Andhra Pradesh. The research work done by me during this period was internationally appreciated and won many International prestigious awards like ISSLS Prize, BritSpine award, ISSLS Sofamor Danek Award and Eurospine open paper Award.
During this one-year fellowship he worked with Dr. S. Rajasekaran at Ganga Hospital Coimbatore, which gave ample chance to get exposed to all types of complex trauma and advanced trauma care. This fellowship provided him an excellent opportunity for research in the field of open injuries. This work was presented in many national and international conferences and published as a key article in Journal of Bone and Joint surgery..
Interested candidates can apply and send their CV along with two letters of reference (as a single PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Organizing secretary Decision making and techniques in Spine Surgery-Lumbar Spine I, Organized by Guntur Bone Club, IMA Hall, Guntur, March 15th 2008.
2. Organizing secretary Decision making and techniques in Spine Surgery-Lumbar Spine II, Organized by Mediciti Hospital, Hyderabad.
3. Organizing secretary “Spine Clinix-I” Understanding Spondylolisthesis.
4. Organizing secretary “Spine Clinix-II” Injection techniques in spine surgery..
5. Organizing Committee member for the “13th Asia pacific Orthopaedic Association Operative Spine Course”, 8th -11th March 2007, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore, India.
6. Organizing Committee Member for the ‘Combined Instructional Course on Spinal Surgery’, a joint meeting of the Association of Spine Surgeons of India and the Spine Society of Europe, August 2003, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
7. Organizing Committee Member for the ‘First Trauma Conference of the Asia-Pacific Orthopaedic Association’, April 2003, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
8. Organizing Committee Member for ‘Instructional Course on Spine-2’ (Spinal Deformities), Dec. 2002, Ganga Hospital, Coimbatore
1. (ISSLS Prize Winner) A Study of Diffusion in Human Lumbar Discs: A Serial Magnetic Resonance Imaging Study Documenting the Influence of the Endplate on Diffusion in Normal and Degenerate Discs. S. Rajasekaran PhD, J. Naresh Babu, MS, R. Arun, MBBS, B. Roy Wilson Armstrong, MBBS, Ajoy Prasad Shetty, MS, and S.Murugan, MD. SPINE Volume 29, Number 23, pp 2654-2667, 2004.
2. The Normal Diffusion Pattern Of Human Lumbar Intervetebral Discs. A. Ranganathan, S. Rajasekaran, J Naresh Babu and A Prasad Shetty. J Bone Joint Surg (B) 2005 proceedings; Vol 87, SUPP III, 235.
3. Translaminar facetal (Mager'l) Screw fixation. S. Rajasekaran, J. Naresh-Babu Neurol India. 2005 Dec;53(4):520-4.
4. A score for predicting salvage and outcome in Gustilo type-IIIA and type-IIIB open tibial fractures.Rajasekaran S Naresh Babu J, Dheenadhayalan J, Shetty AP, Sundararajan SR, Kumar M, Rajasabapathy S. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2006 Oct;88(10):1351-60.
5. Morphological Changes during Growth in Healed Childhood Spinal Tuberculosis: A Fifteen-Year Prospective Study of Sixty-One Children Treated by Ambulatory Chemotherapy. S Rajasekaran, Ajoy P Shetty, J Dheenadhayalan; J Naresh-Babu; T Kishen.- J Pediatr Orthop. 2006 Nov-Dec;26(6):716-24.
6. Review of postcontrast MRI studies on diffusion of human lumbar discs. S.Rajasekaran, J. Naresh Babu, KS Murugan, J Magn Reson Imaging. 2007 Feb;25(2):410-8. Review.
7. Pharmacological enhancement of disc nutrition and differentiation of healthy, ageing and degenerated discs. Results from serial post-contrast MRI studies in 365 human lumbar discs. S.Rajasekaran, K.Venkatadass, J.Naresh-Babu MS, K.Ganesh, Ajoy.P.Shetty. European Spine journal, April, 2008..
1. A Study of Diffusion in Human Lumbar Discs -A Serial MRI study documenting the influence of the endplate on diffusion in normal and degenerate discs. Association of Spine Surgeons of India (ASSI) - Depuy Best Spine Research Award winning paper presentation. Pune Jan-2004.
2. Endplate Damage in Lumbar Discs Can Be Identified In-vivo By Post-Contrast MRI Studies. Dr. S. Rajasekaran, Dr. J. Naresh Babu, Dr. R. Arun, Dr. BRW Armstrong, Dr. Ajoy Prasad Shetty, Dr. KS. Murugan. ISSLS - Poster (P238) Spine week-2004 Porto, Portugal.
3. ‘A Comprehensive Trauma Score To Prognosticate Outcome In Grade III B Open Tibial Fractures’. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons 71st Annual Meeting March-2004 • San Francisco, CA. Rajasekaran S, Rajasabapathy S, Kumar P.V Manoj, Naresh Babu J, Dheenadhayalan J, Ajoy Shetty Prasad, Maheswar Canjivaram.
4. Endplate Damage in Lumbar Discs Can Be Identified In-vivo By Post-Contrast MRI Studies. Dr. S. Rajasekaran, Dr. J. Naresh Babu, Dr. R. Arun, Dr. BRW Armstrong, Dr. Ajoy Prasad Shetty, Dr. KS. Murugan. Asia Pacific Orthopaedic Association Triennial Congress, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia-2004.
5. Far lateral Lumbar Disc Herniation Treated by Paraspinal Microsurgical Muscle Splitting Approach. Association of Spine Surgeons of India Annual Conference-2005, Bangalore.
6. Endplate Damage in Lumbar Discs Can Be Identified In-vivo By Post-Contrast MRI Studies. Annual Conference of Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States (OASISCON-2004) Thrisur, Kerala.
7. Far lateral Lumbar Disc Herniation Treated by Paraspinal Microsurgical Muscle Splitting Approach. at the Annual Conference of the Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association, 2005. Cuddalore.
8. The Indications and Safety of Primary Closure in Open Injuries of Limbs. Indo-German Orthopaedic foundation Annual Conference. 2003, (IGOF-2003) Kanpur.
9. ‘A Study of Diffusion Pattern in Human Lumbar Intervertebral Discs; An MRI Evaluation’ at Annual Conference of Orthopaedic Association Of South Indian States (OASISCON-2003) Bangalore.
10. ‘Evaluation of Safety of Immediate Post debridement Closure in Open Injuries of Limbs’ Annual Conference of Orthopaedic Association of South Indian States (OASISCON-2003) Bangalore.
11. ‘Prospective Evaluation of Adverse Events in a Busy Orthopaedic Unit’ at the Annual Conference of the Tamil Nadu Orthopaedic Association, 2003. Kodaikanal.
12. ‘Role of Interloking Nailing in the Diaphyseal fractures of Tibia’ at Andhra Pradesh Chapter Of Indian Orthopaedic Association 2001 Warangal.
13. ‘Pantalar Tarsal Coalition’ at Andhra Pradesh Chapter Of Indian Orthopaedic Association 2000 Vishakapattanaum.
14. Primary Closure In Open Injuries-Adventurous Or Advantageous?- Andhra Pradesh Chapter Of Indian Orthopaedic Association 2003 Hyderabad.
15. ‘Resection and Reconstruction Of Primary Vertebral Tumors’- Andhra Pradesh Chapter Of Indian Orthopaedic Association 2003 Hyderabad.
16. ‘Primary closure in open injuries of limbs- Indications and safety. At 48th Annual Conference of Indian Orthopaedic Association Dec-2003 at Chennai.
17. Endplate Damage in Lumbar Discs Can Be Identified In-vivo By Post-Contrast MRI Studies. S Rajasekaran, Naresh Babu, K Murugan, A Shetty, American Acadamy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Chicago, Illinois, 2006.
18. The Normal Diffusion Pattern of Human Lumbar Discs. S Rajasekaran, Naresh Babu, K Murugan, A Shetty, American Acadamy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) Chicago, Illinois, 2006.
19. Diffusion of human lumbar intravertebral discs can be enhanced pharmacologically with oral nimodipine. S Rajasekaran, Naresh Babu, K Murugan, A Shetty, International Society for Study on Lumbar Spine (ISSLS), Bergen, Norway, 2006.
20. Closing – Opening wedge osteotomy of spine to correct severe post tubercular kyphotic deformities of the spine. S Rajasekaran, A Shetty ,Naresh Babu, Vidyadhara S. Scoliosis Research Society. (SRS) Monterey, California, USA.
21. Behavior of proximal thoracic curve and coronal balance after thoracoscopic selective anterior fusion for adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.- a longitudinal study with minimum 2 yrs follow-up.Dr. Naresh Babu, Peng Y, Tao HR, Hee HT, Wong HK. 39th Singapore Orthopaedic Association Annual Scientific meeting. Singapore.
Computer assisted spine surgery is a cutting edge technology which has improved the safety and accuracy of spine procedures. This technology is available in only a few centres worldwide Mallika Spine Centre is one of the pioneers in the country to adopt this technique with an aim to bring the latest in technology to patients. The institute has been performing such surgeries in complex spine disorders since 2017.
Computer Navigation is a new innovative technology in spine surgeries that improves the intra-operative accuracy. It allows virtually any surgical instrument to be tracked in reference to the displayed anatomy in real time. This can be particularly helpful when a spine surgeon places an instrument or implant into unexposed or partially exposed spinal structures that may not be directly visible, such as the pedicle or vertebral body.
Intraoperative neurophysiologic monitoring (IONM) is a valuable technique for assessing the nervous system. It replaces the neurologic examination when the patient is under general anesthesia and cannot cooperate with a face-to-face examination. At our centre, we mitigate the risk of neurological deficit with continuous intra operative neuromonitoring during surgery. Thereby achieving surgical goals and preserving quality of life post-surgery.
We do the right things and deliver best possible care, quality and excellency while dealing with any emergency.We are specialized in surgical and non-surgical treatment of spine & neck utilizing cutting edge technologies with success rate of 99% and with experienced staff for over a decade.We understand that your condition is unique, and you need a solution addressing your individual pain and challenges.Learn More..